Shared Items from Blogroll

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bye-bye Hanukkah

Okay i failed miserably.  I had planned to write all the entries ahead of time and schedule them to post at sundown each day.  I got behind in writing and then all of a sudden i missed a day.  At that point, i didn't care because it was Christmas Eve, and i had a sick husband and full schedule.  We didn't go to his family function that night, so we had to squeeze in a short visit in between Christmas morning at home and Christmas afternoon at my mom's.  We were going to get there at 1, but then i changed it to three so we could have lunch, but i forgot Nathaniel parents were going to my mom's for dessert.  So we skipped lunch (just stopped by and said hi at his uncle's house), but still ended up getting to my mom's at three because of traffic and leaving our house late.  I got Nathaniel Halo 3 laser tag, and of course we had to try it out. 

Friday we went to my grandma's and saw my aunts, uncles, and
Painting sometimes captures from bad life or times
 cousins.  There were latkes there, so i still had some, but i never got around to making them. I bought the mix that same day. Not sure how i thought i would make some before Hanukkah ended anyway. Oh, and let me see if i remember this all: has anyone seen a camera?  It was last seen at uncle Kevin's, but maybe uncle Joe's.  It could be in the parking lot, but it's NOT in the car.  Dang it, i think i got the uncle's names wrong, but let me know if you find it, okay?  There is a picture of Lizzie before her winter formal on there.

This weekend we went to San Diego because Nathaniel won a hotel stay at a banquet last year (didn't think he'd be using it). It expired today so we had to use it.  It was for Ayres, most of which are in our area.  The only one any significant drive away was in Alpine, 30 minutes outside of  SD.  So we stayed there and went to the Rueben H. Fleet and Aerospace museums.  That was a lot of fun, except at the end of the second one, because there was a Star Trek exhibit (costs extra, and we aren't fans) next to the Great War exhibit, so there was this annoying tinkling sound while i was trying to read about the Red Baron.  Didn't quite fit the mood.

Yesterday i had to work, and didn't leave until 6:15p, at which point Hanukkah was over.   So there are my excuses.  Right now Nathaniel is at a test for a job.  Hopefully he gets it because then not only will we have a 2nd steady income, but also health insurance!  Yeah, we have some now, but each through our parents, so it could be taken away anytime.  That reminds me, i need to work on adding him to my auto insurance.  The people are slow to respond to email, and this is the only day i have to call during business hours.  I always forget/don't have time during lunch.

In addition to laser tag, we also got a couple party games and a PS2 for Christmas, so i think we need to have a gamenight soon.

No comments: