Shared Items from Blogroll

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Is it Fall Yet?

It's been getting colder. Fall is my favorite season. I crave of the crisp air brushing across my face. The best month is October, although September is really climbing up there ;)

I was planing on entering the Worldviews Essay contest the Trinity Foundation is putting on, but I didn't get that far in the book, and then I got really busy with wedding-planning and moving. The receive-by date is Labor Day, so really Saturday since mail isn't delivered on holidays. That's not going to happen. I still have a lot of stuff at my old place and Morgan wants her room back. I did enjoy reading the book though and will eventually go back and finish it. I think it will also come in handy years from now as a textbook.

When you need help is when you find out who your friends are. Kudos to Meaghan, Miguel, Sarah, Vaillen, and Greg for helping us out during this moving process.

Dr. Lehman delivered one of the most powerful semons I have heard in a while. The presentation was a little difficult to follow, but the content made you try. It was on prayer. Just showing examples of how prayer has worked and such. It convicted me for waiting for soemthing bad to happen because I have been blessed so much lately. It makes me want to pray more. It has always been a difficult habit to keep (for many people too, i'm sure), so it's good for a basic sermon like that to remind you of the importance and power of prayer. I'm just sad that I always forget about the prayer meeting at our church when scheduling anniversary dates. This Thursday will be one year since Nathaniel and i started "dating" (courting?). I already have something planned and am not sure if I can reschedule it. I thought they were going to start having weekly meetings on Thursdays instead of still monthly on Fridays. That would be so much better. ::shrug::

1 comment:

mig said...

October rules because it celebrates the birth of one who brings great joy to those who would simply listen to his advice about playing Super Mario Galaxy...